3 red bell peppers, halved
3 cloves garlic, minced or grated
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
3 sprigs fresh oregano
kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 cup dry orzo
2 cups spinach chopped
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olive
2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup crumbled vegan feta cheese
Lemon Basil Tomatoes
1 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/4 cup olive oil
Zest from 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, toss the peppers with the olive oil, garlic, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Add the oregano. Transfer to the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until the peppers are beginning to char.
3. Make the lemon basil tomatoes by combining all ingredients in a small bowl then add to a small baking sheet and roast at 400 for 15 minutes, remove from heat and allow to settle for 5 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the orzo according to package directions until al dente. Drain and toss with the spinach, olives, pine nuts, and feta.
5. To plate Stuff the warm orzo inside the peppers and top with the lemon basil tomato mixture. Enjoy!
$3.32 per serving