2 cups chopped Onion
8oz can jackfruit
20 oz hominy
1 cop chopped tomato
1 cup chopped carrot
1 cup chopped zucchini
1 jalapeño dices seeds removed
1 cup salsa verde
2 tablespoons “spicy taco mix” spices
1 tablespoon whole coriander
2 tablespoons veggie bullion
1 lime juiced (extra for garnish)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro (extra for garnish
1 cup shredded cabbage (extra for garnish)
1 tablespoon olive oil
8 cups of water
1. In a large soup pot heat olive oil and add onions.
2. Stir in spicy taco mix and coriander seeds.
3. Once onions become slightly translucent add in jackfruit and bullion. Allow jackfruit to brown slightly on the bottom of the pan.
4. Toss in hominy, carrots, tomatoes, jalapeños, cabbage and zucchini coating all veggies in the onion and spice mixture.
5. Stir for 2 minutes and add in your verde sauce as well as your water and cilantro.
6. Allow soup to simmer on low for 30 minutes to allow all spices and flavors to Marry.
7. Pour hot soup into bowls and garnish with a generous handful of shredded cabbage, some cilantro and a wedge of fresh lime. Enjoy!
Cost per serving $3.68